To protect your pets, we require all animals to be completely up to date with their vaccinations before boarding. This must include distemper, canine hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfuenza and bordatella (C5).
Proof of vaccination within 12 months of their stay with us is essential. This helps ensure the health and well-being of your pets and all pets under our care. If we don’t have a current vaccination on record for your dog, you’ll need to bring a copy of the vaccination certificate with you for us to sight on check-in or alternatively you can email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your arrival.
Young dogs are welcome provided they have received their full course of puppy vaccinations at least two weeks prior to their arrival.
We also recommend that all pets have their worming and flea control up to date.
We are happy to administer any medications during their stay. Medications that can simply be added to your dog’s food are given free of charge, however a fee of $2 per day may be applied for any pets that require the administration of medication such as injections, ear/eye drops, tablets/capsules that must be given manually & creams/lotions that need to be applied to skin irritations.
Veterinary advice will be sought if, in our opinion, your pet requires medical attention during their stay with us. Any costs involved will need to be met by the pets owner. We ask that owners nominate their preferred veterinary practice at check-in should we need to seek medical attention for your dog.
Should your dog need veterinary treatment during their stay we will:
- Try to contact you on the contact numbers that you have provided (it is your responsibility to leave us contact numbers).
- Should we be unable to contact you we will make the decision in the best interest for the dog.
- If your nominated veterinary practice is not available we do not have one on record your dog will be taken to the veterinary practice of Appletree’s choice.
- All veterinary bills will be required to be paid directly to the veterinary practice by the dog’s owner.
- Should your dog need to be taken to the vet a fee will be charged for transport and time spent at vet. ($40.00 each way for transport & $25.00 per hour labour). If this is required after hours or on a public holiday a surcharge will apply.
- If at the discretion of Appletree we think it is in the best interest of your dog to have the vet come to the Appletree to treat your pet, any vet travel costs are to be paid by the pet’s owner.