To protect your pet, we require all animals to be completely up to date with their vaccinations. This must include Feline Enteritis & two forms of feline respiratory disease (F3).
Proof of vaccination within 12 months of their stay with us is essential. This helps ensure the health and well-being of your pets and all pets under our care. If we don’t have a current vaccination on record for your cat, you’ll need to bring a copy of the vaccination certificate with you for us to sight on check-in or alternatively you can email it to us at email@example.com prior to your arrival.
Young cats are welcome provided they have received their full course of kitten vaccinations at least 2 weeks prior to their arrival and are at least four months old.
We also recommend that pets have their worming and flea control up to date.
We are happy to administer any medications during their stay. A fee may be applicable for the administration of medication or special care depending on the requirements. Please discuss your pets requirements with one of our team.
Veterinary advice will be sought if, in our opinion, your pet requires medical attention during their stay with us. Any costs involved will need to be met by the pets owner. We ask that owners nominate their preferred veterinary practise at check-in should we need to seek medical attention for your cat.
Should your cat need veterinary treatment during their stay we will:
- Try to contact you on the contact numbers that you have provided (it is your responsibility to leave us contact numbers).
- Should we be unable to contact you we will make the decision in the best interest for the cat.
- If your nominated veterinary practice is not available we do not have one on record your cat will be taken to the veterinary practice of Appletree’s choice.
- All veterinary bills will be required to be paid directly to the veterinary practice by the cat’s owner.
- Should your cat need to be taken to the vet a fee will be charged for transport and time spent at vet. (approx. $30.00 each way for transport & $20.00 per hour labour). If this is required after hours or on a public holiday a surcharge will apply.
- If at the discretion of Appletree we think it is in the best interest of your cat to have the vet come to the Appletree to treat the pet, any vet travel costs are to be paid by the cat’s owner.